To return to the University, after a gap in a student’s enrollment, the student must complete an application for readmission.
For Fall Semester
Applications for the Fall semester are
due July 1st and will take four to six weeks to review.
For Spring Semester
Applications for the Spring semester are
due December 1st and will take four to six weeks to review.
Students will be notified via email regarding the decision
**Readmission is not guaranteed**
Who Should Reapply?
- You have previously attended the University of Connecticut as an Undergraduate student
- There is a gap in your attendance due to any of the following reasons:
- You took a semester or more off from taking classes
- You are currently on a leave of absence
- You withdrew from all of your classes in one semester
- You have been academically dismissed
- You have earned an undergraduate degree from the University of Connecticut and would like to earn a second undergraduate degree
- You were suspended from the University of Connecticut and you have been approved to reapply by the Office of Community Standards
What Do I Need to Fill out the Readmission Application?
- To submit the Readmission Application, you will need to know your NetID and password.
- If you need assistance with your NetID/password go to https://netid.uconn.edu or call the ITS Help Center at 860-486-4357 (HELP)
- Prepared Personal Statement
- Transcripts from any other Universities attended while away
- If you intend to apply for financial aid, fill out your FAFSA as soon as possible. You should not wait for your readmission to be approved to fill out your FAFSA application.
How Long Does the Application Process Take?
The Readmission Board completes the review of applications in four to six weeks after submission. Please contact the Dean of Students Office with questions and if you wish to check on the status of your readmission application at 860-486-3426.
Regional Campus students with questions about their readmission application should contact the campus representative listed below:
- Avery Point Campus
- Noemi Maldonado Picardi, Director of Student Services, Branford House 306 (860) 405-9024 email@example.com
- Hartford Campus
- Christine Mosman, Associate Director of Student Services, Rm 127B (959) 200-3836 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stamford Campus
- Erica Granoff, Director of Student Services, room 201 (203)251-8487 email@example.com
- Waterbury Campus
- Kelly Bartlett, Associate Director, Student Services, Office of Student Affairs Student Services Suite, 2nd Floor (203) 236-9871 firstname.lastname@example.org
Certain types of holds will restrict your enrollment such as bursar holds, immunization holds, Perkins loan holds, Dean of Students Office holds, and any hold administered by the Community Standards Department. To resolve the hold, you must contact the appropriate office, as identified in Student Admin.
Make an Appointment
8:00am - 5:00pm
All Meetings are Currently Phone or Virtual.
Make an Appointment in Nexus
Wilbur Cross Building
2nd Floor, Room 203
233 Glenbrook Road
Regional Student Services Contacts
Lisa Henderson, Student Services Specialist
10 Prospect Street, Rm 106
Erica Granoff, Director of Student Services
1 University Place, Rm 201
Kelly Bartlett, Associate Director, Student Services
Student Services Suite, 2nd Floor