Students considering or having decided to leave the University should contact the Dean of Students Office (Storrs students) or Student Services Office (Regional campus students) to discuss their options.
Voluntary Separation Checklist
Prior to meeting with a staff member, students should review the Voluntary Separation Checklist to learn more about the withdrawal/cancellation process and the potential financial implications of this decision.
Students who will not complete the current semester in progress are WITHDRAWING
- This requires an in person or phone appointment.
- Storrs students should contact the Dean of Students Office.
- Regional Campus students should contact the Student Services office at their home campus.
- Discuss your options with a staff member. Once you make a decision, it will be processed the same day.
New undergraduate students who wish to cancel their upcoming enrollment to UConn do so through the Student Administration system. For more information, call Admissions at 860-486-3137 or firstname.lastname@example.org
New or continuing graduate students who wish to cancel their upcoming enrollment to UConn should contact the Graduate School 860-486-3617 or email@example.com
Non-degree students who wish to cancel their upcoming enrollment to UConn do so through the Student Administration system. For more information, contact the Registrar’s Office for the campus at which they are enrolled.
Students who do not plan on returning for a future semester should complete the online CANCELLATION form
Current undergraduate students from any of the UConn campuses who have or will have completed the current/most recent semester, but will not be returning for the next semester, should click on the ‘Request a cancellation’ button below. After the cancellation is submitted it will take one to two business days to process your request. You will receive a confirmation email once it is processed.
Leave of Absence
Students who want to take a semester or more off with a specific return date to the same academic program, may request a LEAVE OF ABSENCE
- Make an appointment by calling a staff member at your campus (see phone listing on this page).
- Discuss your options with the staff member.
- To qualify for a leave of absence you must be in good academic standing.
- Once you make a decision, it will be processed the same day.