Facts About Aggression
- Aggression varies from threats to verbal abuse to physical abuse and violence.
- It is very difficult to predict aggression and violence.
Some indicators of potential violence may include:
- a highly unstable school or vocational history
- a history of juvenile violence or substance abuse
- prior history of violence or abuse, including history of arrests
- fascination with weapons
- history of cruelty to animals as a child or adolescent
- impulse control problems
- fire-starting behaviors
IF A STUDENT THREATENS YOU BY EMAIL, MAIL OR PHONE:
- Threatening mail, phone calls and emails received at your home should be referred to your local police department.
- Mail, phone calls and emails received on campus should be referred to the UConn Police Department (860-486-4800).
- If you know the identity of the student making these threats, please contact the Dean of Students Office for additional assistance.